There are so many email applications now available that it has become difficult for users to decide which one to choose. Each email client promises to offer better features. We have now Spicebird, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora OperaMail, Entourage, Pocomail, MacLiveMail, Mulberry, SeaMonkey, MozillaMail, Netscape, Evolution and many other mail applications.
Generally these mail applications used different file format. Apple Mail stores data in MBOX format and if we want to convert Apple Mail to Outlook than we need to convert it in to PST file. We can use an MBOX to PST converter but here we will discuss manual method to convert Apple mail to Outlook.
Other reasons to switch from MBOX to MS outlook are:
- Anti-Spam function
- Password Protection
- Inbuilt Calendar
- Compatibility with various Operating Systems
Steps to convert Apple Mail (MBOX) to PST
- Launch Apple Mail in your System
- Go to File Menu and click Import Mailboxes
- Now a new window will open asking from where to Import data
- Click on Files in Mbox Format and Continue
- Browse location of file and choose the MBOX file you want to import.
- Select the folders of mailbox you want to import and click continue
- After the process is complete click Done
We have imported the messages from apple mail now to move data we need
- Eudora (windows version) to create mailbox
- Outlook Express to Import Messages and finally
- MS Outlook to convert MBOX to PST
Creating mailbox on Eudora
- Change the file extension of Imported files of Apple mail from InboxMBOX to InboxMBOX.mbx
- Move InboxMBOX.mbx to Eudora’s file storage location C:Documents and Settings/user/Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora
- Launch Eudora and double click on InboxMBOX.mbx file. This will create Mailbox in Eudora.
Import Messages from Eudora to Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express
- Go to File>>Import/Export Messages
- Select Eudora and click Next
- Browse InboxMBOX.mbx file, click OK and Next
- Finally click finish. The mailbox will be imported to local folders in Outlook Express.
Moving Files to MS Outlook in PST Format
- Open Outlook and go to File>>Import Export wizard
- Select the option Import Internet Mail and Addresses and click Next
- Select Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x. Check Import Mail optio>>Next
- The Apple Mail MBOX is converted in PST format located in Personal Folder.
Moving MBOX Files to PST seems a complex process and requires various email application. To avoid all this steps you can use MBOX to PST converter. The MBOX to PST tool supports major email clients. It gives you risk and secure conversion of files and you can preview files before converting them. You can save files in New or existing PST file by using MBOX converter. Download Here