Last updated on July 22nd, 2019 at 11:18 pm
This is a detailed article on manual method to Convert NSF to PST (Lotus Notes to Outlook) format for free. Here, you will learn how NSF files along with all attachments and other essential data can be converted into PST format, manually i.e. without using any NSF to PST conversion software. The reason why we are digging into this conversion game is the need of different email clients at different point of time. When working in a corporate world, sticking with only one type of technology is not profitable. Sometimes, a switch from one technology to another becomes just quintessential.
Lotus Notes and MS Outlook are two most widely used email clients which companies across the world are using. Where data in Lotus Notes comes in NSF format, MS Outlook has its unique PST format. Hence, if you are currently using Lotus Notes but now want to switch to MS Outlook with all your data, you will need to put the data under NSF to PST conversion process.
There are two ways to process to perform Lotus Notes to Outlook conversions – Manual and Automatic (Using Stellar NSF to PST Converter), Let’s learn the manual conversion first!
Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook Free Method
The manual process to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook is a bit tedious but with a right approach, you will be able to crack it. There are two phases of NSF to PST conversion and they are as follows:
Step 1 : Export NSF files To CSV
- Launch IBM notes or Lotus Notes in your System.
- Open NSF database and choose NSF files that you want to export.
- Go to Menu, click on File tab and then Export button.
- Now a pop-up will appear on your screen. It will ask you to save your files. So, choose the desired folder and save your NSF files into it.
- Now Name the file and go to Save as type field Select Comma Separated Value (CSV) option and click OK button.
- You can also select option Structured Text and click OK.
NSF files from Lotus Notes have been successfully converted into CSV format. Now, your files are ready to import in MS Outlook.
Step 2. Import CSV File to Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook application.
- Go to File Menu, drag to Open tab and click on Import button.
- The Import wizard will open, select option Import from another Program or file and click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Value (CSV) or Structured Text option which you choose earlier to save file and hit Next.
- Choose the file from the location you have saved it earlier and select the folder in your MS Outlook Mailbox.
- Click Finish.
Convert Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook with Stellar Converter for NSF
Need help in Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST conversion? Why go the manual way when you can automate your tasks by choosing the quick and the proficient NSF to PST converter software from Stellar.
Working with data is not easy especially when the goal is to convert the entire database into a different format. Tons of files, attachments, contacts, Calendars that forms a database need to be handled skillfully while performing such conversions. A single mistake from your side can result in loss of data. Hence, always look for professional software to carry out such conversion operations and avoid going the manual way.
Stellar NSF to PST Converter is one of such software that commits seamless conversion of Lotus Notes Email client to MS Outlook or Office 365 platform. The software exports all mailbox items including emails, their attachments, contacts, calendar, journals etc. Lotus Notes versions that this software supports are 10.0.1, 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5 and 6.0 versions.
If you are using it for trial purposes, go ahead and explore its features since the software offers free NSF to PST conversion for up to 10 items per folder.
Features of Stellar NSF to PST Converter
- Converts Lotus Notes NSF data to MS Outlook PST format with Preview option
- Offers multiple file formats to save converted NSF files and they are MSG, EML, RTF, PDF, & HTML
- Conversion is free up to 10 items per folder
- Supports Lotus Notes 10.0.1, 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5 and 6.0 versions
How To Use Stellar Converter for Lotus Notes to Move NSF to PST
- Download Stellar Converter for NSF from here
- Double click on Stellar NSF tool icon on the desktop to open it
- On the home screen click on the ‘Browse’ button to add NSF file
- Add multiple NSF files to convert to Outlook PST and click on ‘Convert’ button
- After thoroughly scanning the Lotus Notes NSF file, the tool shows the preview
- Move across the folders and NSF file, select NSF files and press the ‘Save Converted File’ button
- Select the format to save files as PST
- Provide the destination path and press OK
- The tool will start migrating the NSF files to PST
- Press OK and then view the converted PST files in the destination folder
In just 4 to 5 steps you can get old/ deleted Lotus Notes files in PST format with complete integrity. If the conversion satisfies you, go ahead and register for the paid version of the software. As simple as that!
So, what are waiting for?
Download Stellar Lotus Notes NSF to MS Outlook PST converter NOW!!