Affiliate Disclosure: Some links mentioned below are affiliate links, we may earn some amount if you make a purchase.
Microsoft launched its next series of OS Windows 10 with lot of excellent features and giving more concern to the privacy. Maintaining the security and privacy of users, Microsoft allows to install apps from windows store, but it was observed some apps were not working properly. Applications that require use of microphone/ camera worked inappropriately. The issue got worse after April update
Many users complain that my apps are not accessing camera, which created lots of problems. Apps that uses camera or webcam were not accessing it. This is mainly due to the Windows 10 privacy feature that blocked third-party apps and programs from accessing computer’s webcam. These mainly include video-calling apps, audio video manager and others. Here is fix to connect your apps with camera and microphone
Connect Webcam in Windows 10
Follow the below given steps
- Go to Start button on home screen of Windows 10 in your system
- Now move to Settings
- In the settings window you will see list of options
- Click on the Privacy tab and then select Camera
- You will see an option “Allow apps to access camera”
- Turn the settings on and save
- Now restart your system
- Open the application in which you were facing issues, the app can now access webcam/ camera
Microsoft regularly releases update for its applications and operating system. Users should select the option which apps are to be downloaded and which are to be install. This can be done from control panel. When selected the windows will only download and install updates which user allows.