Affiliate Disclosure: Some links available on this website are affiliate links, so whenever you click on the link and buy the product we get a share of the sale.
Calendar application in Outlook is found to be most useful app for professionals engage more in HR departments, and management. The Outlook application allows these users to share calendar for a particular project and to schedule meetings. This lets the members in a group updated and to carry out task collaboratively.
Here we will learn how to create a calendar in Outlook 2016, how to use scheduling assistant and how to import/export calendar. Outlook calendar provides various features and users can even change the calendar view settings to highlight important details. So, let’s have a look on how to manage calendars in Outlook 2016
Create Outlook Calendar 2016
To create a calendar follows the given steps
- Launch the Outlook application in your system
- Click on the calendar icon in navigation bar to open Options for calendar
- Click on the Folder tab and then click on ‘New Calendar’
- Now a new window will open, Give name to the New Calendar
- Under the folder contains option select ‘Calendar Items’
- Select the Calendar from the Options listed and click on OK
- Your calendar will be created
How to Use Schedule Assistant in Calendar
- Open Outlook and click on the calendar icon at top of screen
- Click on the Home tab and select ‘New Appointment’ for two persons, if additional members are required then select New meeting
- A new window will open, click on Meeting tab and then select scheduling Assistant
- Now you can add the date, time, duration of meeting and any attendees you want
- Click on ‘Add Attendees’ button at the bottom, this will open the contacts, select the person for meeting
- Click on ‘Add Rooms’ button to enter the location of meeting
- The information of attendees will appear in the calendar grid.
- When an attendee is added the information is shown in colored bar showing their free, busy, out of office timings
Import/ Export Calendar
- Open Outlook and go to File
- Move to Open & Import and the Import/ Export wizard will open,
- Click on Import/ Export and a new window will open
- Select the Option Export to a file and then Next
- Select the export file type as Outlook data file (.pst)
- Click on Calendar on next screen and checkmark include subfolders
- Click on Next to save the calendar in a directory
- Finally click on Finish to export calendar.
- Go to File, then Open & Import and click on Import/ Export Wizard
- A new window will open as Import and Export Wizard
- Select the option Import an iCalendar (.ics) and vCalendar file (.VCS)
- Locate the ICS file you want to import and click on Open
These are the methods by which you can manage Outlook calendar in desktop application.