Outlook Application has two important data files i.e. OST (Offline Storage Table) and PST (Personal Storage Table). Both of these files play an important role in Outlook functioning. Although users consider more about PST file, the OST file comes in use whenever the PST file becomes corrupt or unable to use. Thus the Outlook OST file is of great importance as data can be moved from OST to PST to restore outlook files.
Many times Outlook shows error message ‘Outlook OST cannot be accessed’, to fix this issue we can either use an OST Repair tool or try the manual method. We could completely rely on OST repair tool, but in case it is not available we can use the manual method for Outlook OST recovery.
You can fix the .OST file if you are using Outlook.com, Outlook 365 or Exchange Account
Steps to Repair Outlook OST File
- Close and exit the Outlook application completely
- Go to control panel and select show items as small icons and click on ‘Mail’
- A new box will open, click on ‘Show profiles’, now select the account in which you are facing error and then click on ‘Properties’
- Click on E-mail accounts and then ‘Data Files’ tab.
- Select the account to be repaired and click on Open file location
- Before you continue, close the Account settings, then mail setup and mail windows
- You will see the .ost file, right click on the .ost file and click on the ‘Delete’ file
- Now open the Outlook again and Outlook will create a new OST file.
- In this way, the corrupt OST file will be removed and the Outlook will not display any error message.
OST Repair Tool
The manual method works out but involves risk. Thus to efficiently remove the Outlook OST error and repair OST file, you can use the OST Repair Tool. The OST file repair software efficiently recovers corrupt OST file and repair them. It recovers the OST file without disturbing the structure, the folders and sub-folders remain in same order. It can be used with Outlook 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007 and other previous versions. You can repair and recover outlook OST files free with the OST Repair Software