Microsoft MS Access has an inbuilt feature that supports to export the MS Access tables to MySQL database for free. However, it requires certain permissions and conditions for database migration. Users must have all the databases available to export and have permission to make changes to these databases. Another thing is that they are properly configured through Connector/ ODBC.
To export the MS Access Tables, values to MySQL, users must check that the objects have the same data types as accepted by the MySQL. If there is no proper connection and the data types, attributes are different to that in MySQL then the migration process will trigger an ‘Overflow’ error. To avoid such type of errors and to ensure the files are migrated successfully properly examine the conditions. If all the conditions are perfect then move MS Access tables to MySQL
Select Database to Export
- Open the MS- Access Tool and you will see the database on the right side of the navigation pane
- Now right click on the database, select Export
- Click on ODBC database option to export
- A new window will open, now type the name of the table in which the contents of the MS Access database will be moved
- Enter the table name for MySQL and click OK
Select MySQL Data
- A new window will open to select the data source with two options i.e. ‘File Data Source’ and ‘Machine Data Source’
- Click on Machine Data Source and then Select MySQL Connector/ ODBC DSN
- Enter the login ID and Password in next window and the MS Access Table will be exported to MySQL database
- After the migration is complete a dialog box will appear with success message.
- Checkmark the option ‘Save Export Steps’ to migrate files faster in future.
- Now Login to MySQL database and check the tables exported.
So, this is the free method to export MS Access tables to MySQL files. If you find the manual process complex then choose the DRPU MS Access to MySQL converter. Compatible, reliable, and easy to use the tool export MS Access MDF database files to MySQL quickly without any error. The software easily migrates the password-protected files and move all database components including views, tables, indexes, to MySQL.