Outlook now is not only a medium of email communication but it is also used to share events with calendar feature, organize tasks, maintain our contacts and much more. With so much features there also comes complexity of an application.
Some time users itself interfere with file structures, change directories and therefore it creates problem with Outlook. One of these problem is that Outlook Keeps Prompting for Password. It’s really very annoying with an application that is used mostly in your work hours. Here is a solution on how to fix Outlook Password Prompt issue.
Cause of Outlook Password Problem
The Main issue is with the MS exchange settings. The Logon network security setting is different from that is required. The settings in security tab should be set to Anonymous Authentication. This problem mainly occurs in earlier version of Outlook other than 2016 and 2013.
Steps to Change Outlook Security settings are given below:
- Click on Show profile option and select your Outlook Profile
- Click on Properties and then E-mail Accounts>>Change
- The Change Account dialog box will open, go to More Settings option
- The Microsoft Exchange Dialog box will open Move to security tab
- In Login network security list, select Anonymous Authentication option and then click OK.
- Finally, Click on Finish and Close the dialog boxes.
- Now Restart Outlook
The problem will be resolved and you can work without Outlook Password prompt.
Disable Outlook Password Prompt For Each Login
If the user has enabled User Identification settings for Outlook, it will keep asking for password. So, disable these settings and work in Outlook without interruptions
- Open Outlook and sign in to your account
- Now click on File and then Account Settings and then again Account Settings
- Select the Exchange Account and click on ‘Change Button’
- Click on More Settings button and new box will open, Now click on the Security tab
- Go to User Identification and uncheck ‘Always prompt for logon credentials.’
- Click OK to save changes
Remove Outlook Login Details from Credential Manager
- Remove the previously stored or old Outlook credentials by following steps
- Go to start and click on Control Panel
- From Control Panel find the Credential Manager
- The list of applications with credential sets will open, click on the Outlook sets
- Expand the menu and click remove from vault
- Do same with Credential sets having Outlook in name.
The problem occurs due to Network Security settings. If the same happens in Outlook 2016 and 2013 then you can use Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) tool to troubleshoot problems with these version.
By the above methods, you can fix the Outlook password prompt issue free without need of any Outlook password repair software.