Affiliate Disclosure: Some links mentioned below are affiliate links, we may earn some amount if you make a purchase.
Outlook works with several applications and for that there should be a proper connection among them. Users may face connection error while connecting Outlook to exchange, or synchronizing desktop outlook with outlook web application. This really makes user irritating but despite of it we should find solution to Outlook connection errors.
There could be many reasons while outlook is not connected with applications. We can use some manual techniques to resolve outlook connection problem and get rid of it. In some cases when the issue is high we need a professional software, but here we will look some of the tricks to solve outlook connection problem
How to Fix Outlook Connection Issue
Check out some of the manual methods by which outlook connection problem can be solved
Configuring Outlook Offline Mode
The foremost thing a user should do is to uncheck offline method. This is the first step to check problems with outlook connection. Here how to do it
- Open Outlook application in your system
- Now move to Send/Receive tab and look for offline button
- Uncheck the Work offline tab, if it is checked it will look with yellow background
- Once the Work Offline tab is uncheck the Outlook client will work offline
- Now restart the outlook and check for errors
Check Outlook Database File
- Open Control Panel in your system and go to Mail Icon
- Click in the Mail icon and the mail set up box will open
- Click on data files tab and browse Outlook data file
- Open the file OST or PST and rename it to Filename.old
- Now close all the boxes and Outlook
- Run the Outlook application and see if the problem exists
Another method is to repair MS Office installation. Go to Programs from Control Panel and right click on MS Office icon. Select the option repair and continue. Wait for the progress and restart outlook. The above methods will resolve the outlook connection problem.