Affiliate Disclosure: Some links available on this website are affiliate links, so whenever you click on the link and buy the product we get a share of the sale.
Lotus Notes, Outlook, Gmail, Exchange and many more are the email applications that individuals use in their daily life. Professionals communicate using email and also share files over these applications. But, when the size of the database grows large users experience slow performance or glitches while working. Lotus Notes Database also slows down if grows large in size affecting the productivity of employees. So, immediate action should be taken to resolve this issue and the best idea is to split the Lotus Notes Database.
Large Database poses a great threat to the email application. It makes the application crash frequently, sending and receiving of email files become difficult and it could even result in corruption of NSF Files. This can lead to permanent data loss. To, avoid all these problems it is better to break or divide the Lotus Notes Database and make Lotus Notes function smoothly.
The best way to split database is to archive it. Lotus Notes does not have a feature of ‘compact’ as in Outlook, otherwise, it would make the task much easier. So, here are the steps to Split Lotus Notes Database and avoid corrupt NSF Files
How to Split Lotus Notes NSF Database
NSF Database can be split by the use of Archive Mailbox Reverter. This tool is freely available with Lotus Notes. Before Starting the process, it is advised to take backup of Lotus Notes NSF Database as if some mistakes occur then we can restore it in the same way. Follow the below-given steps carefully
- Open the Lotus Notes Application and then create a new mailbox (archive 2) using the mail template
- From the menu bar click on File and then Application >> New >>Mail Template
- Assign a filename to this template filename.nsf
- Click on the Encryption button and then OK
- Now the mailbox will be created open it (archive 2)
- Configure the Archive profile to point to the original archive (archive 1)e. archive/ filename.nsf
- Now change the location of Lotus Notes to Local
- Now, you need to change the Lotus Notes location again for the new mailbox created i.e (Archive 2). It will be like Mail file: FileNameXYZ.nsf
- Now launch the Archive Mailbox Reverter in the system
- Generate the Archive report using AMR lite mode in ‘Archive Mailbox Reverter’
- The report will display the profile of Lotus Notes Archive
- Edit it and add the original archive mailbox (archive 1) filename to archives files field.
- You can also copy the data from archive 1 mailbox to new mailbox (archive 2), but it may take hours. So, simply add the original file data.
- Click on Revert archives and define a date range
- Go, to mailbox settings and then change the Lotus Notes location back to normal.
In this way, you can split the Large Lotus Notes Database in 2 or more archives. This will remove the glitches in Lotus Notes and remove the threat of NSF File Corruption. Another method is using the NSF File Repair Tool. This software easily repairs the NSF file and remove errors in Lotus Notes. The software scans the database and removes duplicate items, therefore, decreasing the size of the Database. NSF File Repair software organize files and folders and ensures better performance of Lotus Notes.