Although MS Outlook is one of the finest and most preferred email clients among users worldwide, There are few other email clients as well which are used by a number of users Windows Live Mail was one of them as it is discontinued now. While Windows Live Mail stores emails and user information in EML files MS Outlook uses PST file, Therefore emails created with one program not synchronize automatically with another client. Today, in this article I will tell you how to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST.
Before you start the process to export EML to PST you must ensure that MS Outlook is installed on your system with user profile created.
Steps to Convert EML files to Outlook PST
The following steps must be followed carefully to move your emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2019
- Open MS Outlook and Windows Live Mail
- Go to Windows Live Mail and click on File
- Go to Export>>Email Messages and select Microsoft Exchange
- Click on Next. The Windows Live Mail Export box will open
- Choose the option between Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Windows Live Mail in which you want to export email to>>Next
- A dialog box will appear with message This will export messages from windows Mail to Microsoft Outlook>>click OK.
- Now select mail folders which you want to export, you can either select All folders option or Selected folders.
- After that Click on Finish
- After successful completion of process a message box will appear messages successfully exported
Note: The time taken by the Export process depends on the number of emails you are exporting.
How to Export Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2019
- In Windows Live Mail Click on Contacts > Export and Select CSV(comma separated values
- Now on CSV export window Click on browse and now select the Desktop folder.
- Type the name WLMContactsin the file name and press Save
- Press the Next button to select the fields Now press Finish
After the Export is completed you can close Windows Live Mail window, Now you have to import the contacts to MS Outlook.
- Open MS Outlook.
- Go to Contacts >File, select Open and now click on Import.
- Now select the option “Import from another program or file” and click Next.
- Select “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” and click
- click browse to select the file WLMContacts then click Open.
- Now click Next and then Finish
In this way, the windows contacts can be exported to outlook. As you have seen manual method is time-consuming as it includes several steps, moreover the data migrated may not be the same as it was original.
These discrepancies can be avoided with third party tool, Stellar Windows Mail to Outlook converter is one such tool. It migrates the mailbox folders to Outlook PST smoothly. Using Stellar EML to PST converter is extremely easy, in just few click you would be able to convert Windows Live Mail to PST format. Check out the features and how to export Windows Mail to Outlook
Stellar Converter for Windows Live Mail
- First Download Stellar Windows Live Mail to PST Converter
- Run the Windows Live Mail converter in your system
- The identity folder will prompt up, click on select identity button and add the EML file
- Now click on the convert button to start the process
- The tool will scan all the items in Windows Live Mail
- After complete scan, it will display the folders and corresponding emails
- Select the emails, folders to convert and click next
- Now choose the option to save data in new PST file or existing PST file
- Click on browse and select the destination to save the converted file
- Save the Outlook PST file and then import it to use
Just 4 easy steps and all Windows mail data will be imported to Outlook. The tool maintains the email formatting and save details in log report. Download and install the Stellar Windows Live Mail tool and convert EML files to Outlook PST.