One of the most important data files in MS Outlook is the PST file. PST file stores all the emails, contacts, attachments, notes, tasks, and other important data. Any error in the Outlook PST file results in abnormal functioning of Outlook. Some way many PST files get created in our Outlook which could affect performance. In this article, we will know the methods to merge PST files into single PST file without using any tool.
Why Merge Outlook PST files?
More number of PST files results in various Outlook issues. It becomes difficult to manage these files. If they get accidentally deleted or the location of pst is not known it becomes a serious issue. Searching files, sending emails may result in delays and take more time. So to avoid all these issues we need to merge PST files.
Outlook doesn’t have any tool to combine or merge two or more pst files. It provides scanpst.exe to repair PST but not any other such tool to combine the Outlook PST file. We can manually merge multiple pst files in a single file.
Steps to Manually Merge PST Files
- Now go to New items and then More items
- Move to the next pane and click the Outlook Data file.
- A new window will open, name this data file and save it to a directory. This will create a new data file.
- Now we have to Import files. Go to File>>Open>>Import tab.
- Import and Export box will open
- Select Import from program or file, click Next.
- Select Import Outlook Data file.pst>>Next
- Browse the location of the file and click on the radio button do not import duplicates.
- Select the folders to import under new PST file
- Include subfolders and select Import items in the same folder.
- Click finish. Processing will start after a few minutes the items will be moved to a new PST file.
The manual method is somewhat more complex and time-consuming. If you want to merge your PST files in a single file then you can use third party PST Merge tool. The PST Merge tool combines multiple pst files into a single Outlook PST file. PST Tool supports MS Outlook 2000/2002/2003/2007/2010/2013 and 2016 and is compatible with all editions of Windows Operating System.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links mentioned above are affiliate links, we may earn a small amount if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. But that doesn’t mean we have compromised with the quality of products recommended, we have tested and reviewed the products mentioned below ourselves.