Last updated on June 18th, 2019 at 05:34 am
Database is the most vital platform for any application. Database contains the record of each and entry made by user, it consists of tables, indexes, queries, searches and all items that are accessed by a user. SQL Database is the most preferred one and Database Administrator (DBA) used it on many platforms. SQL is also prone to errors and sometime DBA encounters SQL Database restore error 5243 and 5242.
Most of the Database Administrators gets error message:
Msg 5242, Level 22, State 1, Line 1
An inconsistency was detected during an internal operation in database ‘Invoices'(ID:11) on page (1:35393). Please contact technical support. Reference number 4.
This message code directly denotes the SQL restore error. Errors in database cannot be accepted and hence should be resolved quickly. Here are some methods to fix SQL database 5243 and 5242 error. These errors can be resolved by
- Manual Method: Using the DBCC CHECKDB Transact SQL command or try to restore database SQL server page
- Automatic Method: Using SQL Database Recovery tool
- Before going for manual method, users should have following setup
- First you should have SQL server installed
- Users should have installed SQL Server Management Studio
Manual Methods to Fix Error Message 5242 and 5243
Restore Database from SQL Server Page
The SQL database can be restored from SQL server page. The error 5242 and 5243 may be result of corrupt page
You can view the corrupt SQL server page by using Select MSDB database in suspect_pages table. If any page is corrupt then it will be found in suspect_pages table. You can use T-SQL command to restore database and avoid 5243 error
RESTORE DATABASE <database_name>
Use DBCC CHECKDB Command
DBCC CHECKDB command helps in knowing the logical and physical integrity of database. Run the T-SQL command DBCC CHECKDB to know the status of database and if any problem is found you can repair it with REPAIR_REBUILD option.
You can also go for SQL Server Management Studio and check the errors. Perform the application based command from SSMS to repair and restore database.
The manual methods are complex and those not familiar with SQL DB commands should not go for it. Try the SQL Recovery Tool to repair and recover database.
SQL Recovery Tool Features
- The Tool can repair both MDF and NDF Files
- It includes recovery of SQL tables, indexes, Keys and other defaults
- Recover deleted records and save in Multiple formats
- User friendly interface
- Search files and repair them individually instead of full recovery
- The database is compatible to work with SQL Server 2016/ 2014/ 2012/ 2008 /2005 and other previous versions.
Thus, you can go for SQL Database recovery tool to repair and recover database files efficiently.